Do’s and Don’ts When Naming Your Coffee Shop
- Make sure not to pick a name that is tricky and difficult to pronounce.
- Opt-out names from your list that are similar to existing brand or business names fully or partially.
- You could lose customers to another cafe with the same name.
- Could have to face legal problems regarding copyright ownership.
- Could lose your business.
- Try choosing a name that makes someone picture coffee after hearing the name. With words like “Brown”, “Hot”, “Creamy”.
- Make sure that your choices are related to the niche. If you choose a name like “Greeny Aisle” that does not go with coffee could be a problem.
- After narrowing down your list, take feedback from your family and friends so that you can finally select the most appealing name to you.
- Check whether the cafe name of your preference is available for you to own.
- Trademark the name by registering as soon as possible with the .com domain extension.
If you choose a name that is tricky and difficult to pronounce could cost you losing potential customers. Because we human beings are naturally practiced to evade difficult things so your name could get easily forgotten
Name is the identity of a Business. As the competition in the coffee business is tough having a name similar to another can cause many problems.
How Important is a Good Name to a Coffee Shop/Brand
The name is important to every business and every brand more or less. But to a cafe or a coffee shop, it is too important. Because other than the quality of the products and the service the name has its own role to a Beverage Business Name
- To stand out from the competition -: It is not news that there are hundreds of cafes around the town. So to compete with them and attract as many as customers you can to your shop, you must have a stronger name that could go through their minds.
- Too important in marketing -: You just can’t go to marketing campaigns without a name with the power of becoming successful. You may put out banners, use printed take-out cups, or send flyers, printed napkins act as a strategy to do that having a good name is going to be the best.
- The Identity -: Once you select the name of your cafe it becomes your business’s identity. If it is strong and catchy, getting attention from the customers is nothing because after seeing your name it is them who decide whether this is worthy enough to remember or not.
As it is crucial that you know the importance of a good cafe name you must keep up with new trends in the industry when you choose your business names.
Coffee Shop Naming Trends
- Using the words “Cafe” & “Coffee” -:Ex: Sey Coffee, King State Coffee, Caffe Reggio.
- Using the owner’s name or pronouns -:Ex: Mom ’n ‘Em Coffee, Leslie Coffee, George Howell
- Using words in other languages -: Ex: Aloha Roastery, Cafe du Monde, Caffe Trieste
- Using unrelated words -:Ex: Cat & Cloud, Daydream Surf Shop, Blacksmith
The following list of names is prepared by us for you to take an idea for a better understating about the above-mentioned fact till this point. Take a look,
Coffee Business Name Ideas
Creative Coffee Shop
Coffee House Names
Snack n Latte
Best Coffee Shop Names
Catchy Coffee Shop Names
Fancy Cafe Names
Classy Coffee Shop Names
Cool Cafe Names
Coffee Bean Shop Names
Origin Stories of Popular Coffee Brand Names
In the process of brainstorming ideas for the coffee brand, the co-founder Gordon Bowker’s friend Terry Heckler who is in the advertising pointed out that the names with the prefix “st” are more powerful compared to others. Then the famous character Starbuck in the novel “Moby Dick” came to the arena and became the identity of the multibillion worth commercial chain. .
Rosenberg's restaurant was initially called "Open Kettle." Then, according to business folklore, a restaurant architect was motivated by the concept of dipping doughnuts in coffee. Open Kettle was renamed Dunkin' Donuts in 1950. .
McCafé is a subsidiary of McDonald's, hence the name. That is why the name Mc is associated with the McCafé name .
Brothers Bruno and Sergio Costa a coffee roastery named Costa Coffee which is in their family name, in London around 1971 that supplied to local caterers and Italian coffee shops and then became a coffee shop chain which is a subsidiary of the Coca Cola company. .
As now you have the knowledge in naming a coffee shop and an idea about the world-famous coffee brand names there is no challenge in finding the best name for your cafe.
A little Heads up from Us For You
- Make a blasting business plan for your coffee shop.
- Find the best location for your coffee shop.
- Prepare a great floor plan.
- Representing a positive attitude would be a plus point.